Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Stacked!!!

I'm not sure where they came from, but they're permanently on display for everyone to see. They certainly get me plenty of attention, not all of it positive. Boyfriend's definitely enjoy them. The best thing I've ever done with them was to nurse my daughter. That's right, I'm talking about my breasts.

This weekend I took Frick-n-Frack to be measured. I have the hardest time finding bras that fit well and give me good support. Support is key for me, I'm top-heavy, and let's just say the girls aren't as perky as they used to be. Plus, I don't want to look like I have a uni-boob, nor do I want to look unnatural with my boobs up around my neck. I'm not striving for the Pam Anderson look.

I'd heard an ad on the radio about a spot in Vienna called Trousseau that sells bras, lingerie, wedding night paraphernalia, etc. They're supposed to be experts in bra sizing. I knew I'd be out that way having dinner with Teeny (Hi Teeny!) so I figured I'd try them out.

When I walked in the store I immediately noticed how the store resembled a french boudoir. The lighting was soft, the paint/wallpaper a soft pink, the decorations romantic and flowery. Lingerie was hung against the walls. A (very) young woman asked what she could help me with and I told her I wanted to be measured. She took me to the back into a fitting room and asked what size I'd been wearing. Ever since I can remember I've been a 34D. She measured me around my ribcage with my shirt and bra still on and said "Well I'm measuring you at a 32." You could have knocked me over with a feather!!! A 32???? She offered to grab a bra for me to try on and said that if it was too tight she'd grab a 34, but please just try it on.

Best.Bra.Ever!!! When I tried it on I felt like I had a brand new shape. I had support, comfort, smoothness, and even some lift. I checked the tag to see what the size was...32DDD! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa?!?!!?!? Triple D??? No Freakin Way! Needless to say, I walked out of Trousseau wearing this fabulous (and expensive) bra. That young lady is good at what she does because I also got a mesh lingerie laundry bag and special detergent. She said regular detergents like Tide, Whisk, and Cheer leave a film on your bras that can cause the elastic band to lose it's elasticity. If I wash the bra right it'll last for 18 months. SOLD!!!!

All this time I've been wearing the wrong size. Looking and feeling unnatural. Did you know some 80% of women wear the wrong bra size? Victoria's Secret would have you believe that bras only come in 32A-42-DD but there's a huge range of sizes because women come in a huge range of sizes. How about 30AAA-54J?? Yes, there really are bras that small and bras that large. Glamour has a pretty good article about wearing the right size bra and finding what works for you - http://www.glamour.com/.

I'll be shopping at Fig Leaves for new bras. They have an amazing selection of bras in a huge array of sizes and styles - including mine! The prices aren't bad, and their return policy looks decent too. Like I need an excuse to shop, but I can't wear this bra every day.

Check out Troussea at http://www.troussealtd.com/.

1 comment:

*B* Fab said...

Tag you're it! I tagged you on my blog! I need to read this b/c if it about having big twins and finding cute bras I can relate LOL!