It seems like recently I've had girlfriends going through some kind of relationship dilemma. Be it having sex too soon, trying to navigate the tricky dating scene, feeling lost and wondering if they'll ever find someone to love, getting over heartbreak, we're all struggling in some way with being single. I don't want my blog to be all about dating and male-bashing, because there's so much more to life, and in my opinion men really aren't all that interesting. As Cielie put it in The Color Purple, they kind of remind me of frogs, lol.
For me, it's been a long time coming but I'm finally content to be single. I've always had someone in my life in some capacity; crush, dating, maintenance man (yep, I went there), It's Complicated, and boyfriend. There's always been someone to call and say goodnight to. The first time I realized that there was NO ONE to call or call me I felt a horrible wave of loneliness. I would try to fill the gap and that sometimes led to heartbreak, but more often it led to SMH. Eventually, with a lot of prayer and reflection, I decided that dating at this point in my life is more hassle than it's worth and so I stopped. I'm not Anti-Dating, I'm just Pro-Singleness!! I love being able to spend the little bit of free time that I have to myself. I love not worrying about whether he's going to call, did he think my joke was lame, will he look at me differently if I decide to call instead of waiting, trying to decipher all the little games that dudes play. I'm tired just thinking about all of this!
I've been trying to spread my Pro-Single sunshine throughout the land. One of my best friends was going through a rough moment when she realized that her relationship was really over and that she was going to have to go it alone. We emailed back and forth and I encouraged her to set her plans in motion for the certification she wants to get. I asked her if she really wanted to go back to having to answer to someone. Being that she said no I told her to let loose and live life! I posted that advice just today on another friend's blog. She's fed up with dating and is taking a hiatus. I encouraged her to look at it as a positive and have fun with it. We'll see what happens but I'm praying for her.
Don't get me wrong, I get lonely sometimes. I want someone to rock my world. I've been tested and I truly feel that God wants me to be single and concentrate on Him and the plans I have for my life.
What about you? Are you Pro-Single or Looking to Mingle?
Friday, March 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
"As Cielie put it in The Color Purple, they kind of remind me of frogs, lol."
LOL You had me crackin up on that one! I loves me some color purple :))
I am definitely in the "looking to mingle category" As much as men get on my ever lovin nerves I am enjoying dating again for the most part. I didn't date at all from 05 until the end of 07 so I am ready to get back in the saddle(?) so to speak.
I just keep dang on fallin off!
I hear you on your description of the lonely feeling you used to get. I actually felt that recently and its weird because I never really felt that when I was actively NOT dating. It's only now that I AM dating that I have the wave come over me from time to time. It's those damn expectations creeping up again...those dang on expectations!
So I'm pro single and I realized that this weekend. I thought I was pro-single yet ready to mingle and uh, no thanks! I'm good! :-)
I feel you ... I was that way for the past year but now I want me somebody...
I hate this weather change... always has people's normal sentiments all out of whack
Post a Comment